Before I share a crazy awesome recipe this morning, I have to talk about my workout last night. I tried Zumba for the first time and LOVED it! I can’t even describe how much fun it was. I’m a total convert. It was so much fun that even though I was dripping sweat I didn’t want to take a break and miss something. The best way I can describe Zumba, for those that aren’t familiar, is that it’s like a combination of Jazzercise and club style Latin dancing. I’m for sure going back next Tuesday!
On our weekly grocery trip this past Sunday we saw frozen Walnut Burgers for sale. Two patties – $9. Whaaat? No. Not going to happen. I was determined to do it for cheaper, which I did, and it was also one of the most fantastic things I’ve ever eaten.
Like always, I can’t say that these were the exact measurements that I used. I’m trying to get better at measuring things, but I’m still kind of a pour and go with it girl.
8 oz Walnuts
about 1 cup Oats
about 3/4 cup Cheese
about 3/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Garlic
1 teaspoon Special Seasoned Salt
1) Grind your walnuts in a food processor until they’re in small chunks but not totally ground
2) Stir walnuts and oats together
3) Add in eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, and your seasoning of choice. Stir everything together. This should form a thick consistency, but it should be a little stretchy. If it’s too dry, add another egg, if it’s too wet, add more breadcrumbs.
4) Form them into patties (I had 4 very thick patties)
5) In a skillet, heat olive oil.
6) Place the patties in the skillet and cook until the side on the grill is golden brown and crispy. After both sides are browned, these are going in the oven, so don’t worry too much about cooking them all the way through. Focus on getting them nice and browned.
7) After the patties are golden on both sides, place on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degreed.
8) We served ours without buns, just with some A1 Steak Sauce and a baked potato on the side. Enjoy!